HOW am I in the third trimester already!?! THIS IS INSANE!
I honestly can’t believe we only have 3 months to go, and also that it is September already. This time of year is my favvvveeeeee! I LOVE when the temp drops to something a little more comfortable (especially with the humidity in Ontario – not nice!) so these mid-teen temps are glorious. I also really love when scarf, sweater and boot season arrives, although I suspect this year getting in and out of boots won’t be so much fun! haha
I thought I’d do a little summary of the 2nd trimester compared to the first. I’ve been consistent taking my weekly pics, although my background and lighting is terrible… you can see the belly which I guess is most important !
I do feel so far it’s true what they say… the 2nd trimester is the best! I mean, I haven’t experienced much from the third yet, but I felt really awesome all throughout the 2nd, had a cute little belly but wasn’t super big and getting uncomfortable yet, all my 1st trimester symptoms were gone, and I didn’t really get any new ones like some people do. I didn’t really have any heart burn, my pregnancy pillow made sleeping a breeze still (aside from the peeing every couple hours) and I was still able to do all my workouts with few modifications. Pretty good deal if you ask me!
Over the last few months:
– SIZES: We’ve been a lot of fruits and veggies! From pomegranate, papaya and grapefruit (21,22,23) to cantaloupe, cauliflower, head of lettuce, and rutabaga (24,25,26,27)
– FEELING: I’ve been feeling awesome. Really, zero complaints! I had a little back pain a couple weeks ago and thought it was maybe a tweak from one of my workouts. I went for a prenatal massage AND to see my chiro, and both of them said it’s likely just my ribs expanding making room for growing baby! While they may have been right, the pain seems to have gone away… #winning!!!
– CRAVINGS: Ohhhh goodness. I can’t stay I’ve been craving any one or two specific things. I’ve more just been hungry. All. The. Time!!! haha. I am drinking green smoothies pretty much daily, loving homemade protein muffins at the moment too. I am still LOVING all my fruits. Specifically nectarines/peaches, and strawberries/blueberries. Fruit with nut butter, fruit in a crumble with oats, fruit on it’s own by the bowl full. I’ve also been big on pumpkin, in the last week specifically. On Sunday, I made monster batches of pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, drank probably 3 pumpkin latte’s and made a pumpkin smoothie! DELISH.
– WHAT’S BABE UP TO: SOOooo much movement! Seriously it’s honestly so crazy. It used to be in the evenings only when I sat down for any length of time. But now the kicks, punches and summersaults feel almost constant. I am in and out of the car all day for work, so even if I’m sitting for 10-15 mins at a time, babe is moving. Definitely having a ninja baby! Apparently babe can hear dad’s voice now too, so Greg has been reading sports highlights to the little nug at night, and putting his head on my belly to try to hear a heartbeat. He says all he can hear is weird and gross gurgling noises so far. haha
– BOD CHANGES: It’s getting less comfortable to paint my own toe nails and to sit in the same position for too long. I am still sleeping well but I attribute that to my glorious pregnancy pillow. I am up just over 10lbs which I feel pretty good about! Most days it feels like a hell of a lot more than that though, especially when I’m trying to do pull ups or swing on the rings out on the Ninja gym!
– WORKOUTS: Honestly guys, I feel so blessed to be able to move my bod the way I do every day! I am still working out 6 days a week and loooovvvvving my workouts. Like more than I have in a long long time which is odd because I am definitely slowing down a little bit and having to modify certain things, but I am just really enjoying my time at the gym
I have had some diastasis recti (abdominal muscle separation) since pretty early in the second trimester, so I’ve needed to modify quite a few things based on that. DR is something you can’t prevent… if you’re going to get it you’re going to get it… BUT, you can do things to prevent it from getting WORSE and to help things heal more quickly and easily postpartum. So that’s what I’m trying to do by modifying things like push ups, planks, most laying core exercises etc.
I did find it a little frustrating at first, to be honest, when I was experiencing the DR so early in pregnancy (for a lot of people it isn’t until 3rd trimester and later, but for me it was barely the 2nd trimester). But I quickly was brought back to reality and reminded myself a) how blessed I am to BE pregnant so there isn’t a thing I should be complaining about, and b) focus on the things that I CAN still do which is SO MANY THINGS!!!! I am modifying where I need, my pre/postnatal fitness cert is definitely helping with that, and so many people have crippling terrible pregnancies and I honestly have had zero issues or complaints so really… I need to just shut it and be happy!
Anyway, I think that sums up the last 2 months since my 20 week post. Where are all my other mama’s to be at!? I would love to hear your experience thus far, how things are going, tips, tricks and pointers as I’m approaching the tail end of this crazy amazing journey! Also, for my LOCAL mama’s to be… I am going to be offering a post natal bootcamp/stroller bootcamp in the New Year. I’d LOVE to hear from you if you’re interested… more details to follow!
Thanks so much for following along… it’s been such a magical, crazy and FAST 7 months and I can’t wait to see where the last 3 take us before meeting this tiny human!!!