This is another recipe from my super rad sis Michelle. She is most certainly on a pumpkin kick which is cool with me because I LOVE pumpkin.
Again, I did not come up with this recipe on my own but found it on pinterest and would like to share it with a little bit of adaptation.
Check out the original recipe, from a recipe blog called “No Diets Allowed.”
Anyway, this recipe actually turned out great for me, although I’m sure you are supposed to wait for it to cool – I recommend it hot out of the oven with a little bit of butter that melts right in … delicious!
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 cup pure pumpkin
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/4 cup coconut milk (I used the kind from a can)
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– 1/2 cup walnuts (or pecans/other nuts – optional)
– Preheat the oven to 375
– In a medium sized bowl, combine brown sugar, apple sauce, olive oil, pumpkin, vanilla and coconut milk, mix well
– In a larger bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
– pour into greased, lightly floured loaf pan, bake for 30-40 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean, top is lightly browned)